First of all, we need to download required tools and software’s XAMPP server, WordPress CMS and notepad ++ text editor OK, we got all required tools.
- Assign a Static Local IP Address for your Server Open CMD (command prompt) and type ipconfig /all. The windows command is used for displaying all current network configuration information. This is all info what you need IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS server. OK, let’s Assign a Static IP Address Right click on computer icon and open network and sharing center Click on Change adapter settings Right click on your local adapter, and click properties Find and open Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Select Use the following IP address and enter your new IP address Subnet mask, Default gateway, and DNS server, that corresponds with your network setup IP address has been set successfully.
- XAMPP Installation. This message just reports, that you have to install xampp server outside of C:\Program Files folder. Uncheck all unnecessary tools, or you can leave it by default, it’s up to you Installation takes some time, so I’ll skip the process. OK, we successfully installed the XAMPP server, now let’s test it.
- Test XAMPP Server with Your First PHP Script Open your browser and type localhost Server works fine, now let’s create PHP file. First install Notepad ++ Go in XAMPP folder and delete exiting one. Then, Name and save file as a PHP Done, we created PHP file successfully.
- Secure XAMPP Server, (Set MySQL Root Password). Open your web browser and type localhost/phpmyadmin Click on “User accounts” Find account with user name “root” and host name “localhost” Click “Edit privileges” Then “Change password” Type your password twice and hit “Go”. Make sure, that your password is strong Includes symbols, numbers, uppercase and lowercase characters. Then, when you try to access the page, you will get an error. OK, let’s fix it Go to phpmyadmin folder and open “config.inc.php” file with editor Under the Authentication type and info make this changes. Change config to cookie Type your password here and save the file OK, MySQL root password has been set successfully.
- WordPress Installation Unzip WordPress Go to root directory folder, and create a new folder for your local website. Move all WordPress files in your website folder. Go to localhost/phpmyadmin and Create MySQL Database for your WordPress website. Open the wp-config-sample.php file with notepad. Type your database name, user and password My database name is website_wp UserName root and type MySQL database password Save file as wp-config.php. Open your web browser, and go to your website Choose language and hit continue. Enter your details and click “Install WordPress.” We successfully installed WordPress on localhost using XAMPP server.